As part of our full-service veterinary practice, we perform a multitude of different surgical procedures from the standard spays, neuters, and dental procedures, to the more complicated foreign body removal and bladder stone removals.
We realize that it can be stressful to have your pet undergo surgery. We want to assure you that your pet is in good hands and that we will do everything to provide the best care possible.
All of our surgical procedures include the following:
- Pre-Surgical bloodwork to ensure that the patient is healthy enough to undergo anesthesia
- A comprehensive pre-surgical exam
- Pre-surgical pain medication
- IV catheter to maintain venous access
- IV Fluids during surgery to help maintain circulation and blood pressure
- Induction Anesthesia
- Intubation with a sterile endotracheal tube
- Oxygen and Gas anesthetic to help maintain the correct anesthetic plane.
- Registered Veterinary Technicians to assist and monitor during the surgical procedure.
- Full monitoring suite, including ECG, heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen levels, End Tidal Carbon Dioxide levels, Blood Pressure, and body temperature.
- Body warming device to keep the patient warm during anesthesia.
- The surgical procedure performed by the veterinarian.
- Hospitalization for recovery
- Registered Veterinary Technician to assist in recovery
- Anti-inflammatory to go home
We take every precaution prior to surgery, during surgery, and after surgery to ensure that your pet makes a full recovery. Each pet is provided a recovery kennel or run that is furnished with padded bedding, a recovery buddy, and a technician to help them recover.
If you would like to discuss a surgical procedure with your pet, give us a call and we will get an surgical consultation appointment scheduled!